Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Groundhog Day

We have been getting bombarded by snow, and today on groundhog day it's ice rain. Good old Puxsutawney Phil did not see his shadow, so we supposedly will have an early spring. On all these days trapped in the house, I have been eating my fair share of Dunkin' Donuts creme delite, heart shaped doughnuts. They are my absolute favorite, but sorta like manna of the ancient Israelites: if you are greedy and gather more than you can eat in one day (like I did once when I bought two thinking I could save one for the next day), they are completely unedible. No, they don't putrify or get wormy, but they get rock hard and taste like greasy concrete. Including the wonderful cream center. One bad bite and I was convinced to quit my habit, at least for the time being. But I do still enjoy the coffee daily, and was inspired to make this cute earflap hat for my daughter,
(who was really sleepy when I took the pic.) based on the colors of good ol' Dunkin Donuts.

1 comment:

  1. Those colours are perfect for that hat!
    And thank you for stopping by my blog! I'm glad I'm not the only one to have to finish a nightmare-esque project!

    ReplyDelete