Thursday, October 7, 2010

No-Hitter History

Some pics of my little girl's first Phillies game this summer.



An anklet I crocheted to match the outfit.


My first attempt at a brimmed hat. I'm much better at them now!

So you may have guessed by now that besides having the most squeezable, cheeky-licious baby and crocheting all kinds of things for her, I am a big Phillies fan. When I started this blog, I said I would keep the personal stuff to a minimum and focus on the crochet, but I just had to comment on the history that was made yesterday. For only the second time ever, there was a post season no hitter, and it was pitched by a man making his post-season debut. That's major! It may seem that all Philadelphia teams are underdogs, no matter how well they may be playing (last year 3 of the 4 major teams made it to postseason play). However, being four-time division champions, 2008 World Series champions with an appearance the following year combined with last night's no-hitter should show the world that the Phillies are more than just "contenders" and finally give Philadelphia sports the respect it deserves - and it only took 127 years.

2 comments:

  1. You totally had me from the word "crochet" and totally lost me at "post season...." see? Lost :-) And I'm in South Jersey, I should totally know more about the Phillies.

    Anyway....LOVE your creations! And sweet baby pics!

    Let me invite you over to my blog for a party dedicated to knitting and crochet; Fibers on Friday. I'd love if you linked this up!

    http://plumslife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I try to keep my many varied interests separate, but just had to comment on the Phillies (for the record, I did incorporate some crochet into the mix!)

    Thanks for the compliment and the invite, Beth, I will definitely link up!

    ReplyDelete